Arkansas Insurance Agent Continuing Education and License Renewal Requirements
Arkansas Major Lines Licensed Producers must complete 24 Credit Hours of State-Approved Arkansas Insurance Continuing Education every 2 years in order to meet their Insurance License Renewal Requirements. At least 3 of the 24 credit hours must be approved for Ethics Training.
Major Lines include:
- Health and Sickness
- Variable Products
- Personal Lines
Insurance Producers licensed in multiple lines are only required to meet the same requirements as Producers with single lines of licensing.
Arkansas CE Requirements are “Non-License Type Specific.” Producers can take courses in any subject matter as long as:
- They are approved by the Arkansas Department of Insurance
- At least 3 of credit hours are approved for Ethics training
Continuing Education requirements must be completed every 2 years, on or before the last day of the licensee’s birth month.
* An Appendix G Form must be completed and returned to BetterCE after EACH course completion prior to the credit hours being submitted to the Department of Insurance.
Arkansas Insurance CE Exemptions
Producer licenses with the following lines of authority are not required to complete Continuing Education:
- Company-employed adjusters and limited adjusters
- Limited or restricted licenses
- Producers licensed prior to July 1, 2003 who are at least 60 years of age
- Producers licensed prior to July 1, 2003, who have held a license as a Producer, insurance consultant or broker for a period of at least 15 consecutive years
Arkansas Insurance Agent CE and Renewal Requirements Summary
|Resident Adjuster||24 hours (3 hours must be in Ethics)|
Special Training Requirements
Arkansas Property and Casualty Agents
A producer who sells Flood Insurance must complete a one-time, 3-Hour NFIP Training Course (National Flood Insurance Program) prior to selling.
Arkansas Life and Health Agents
Long Term Care
A producer may not sell, solicit, or negotiate Long-Term Care Insurance unless the individual has completed an initial 8 Hour Long Term Care training course. Producers must also complete ongoing training consisting of a 4-Hour Long Term Care training course every compliance period following.
Additional Continuing Education Information
A producer may carryover the number of hours needed for the next requirement period. Any hour above the hours needed for the next requirement period will be lost.
Enroll Today with No Regrets!
If you change your mind, we’ll happily refund your full purchase price.
Arkansas License Renewal Guidelines
Your Insurance License is Eligible for Renewal during your “License Renewal Period.” The License Renewal Period for Arkansas Licensed Producers begins 50 Days prior to their Expiration Date.
There are 2 Options for Renewing your license:
- Online through NIPR, located here: AR Producers Renewal (NIPR)
- Online through Vertifore (Sircon): AR Producers Renewal (Sircon)
While we strive to provide you with the most up to date and accurate information about your Arkansas Insurance License Renewal Requirements, there may be some specific licensing requirements, or changes in State Laws or Insurance Regulations which we may not be referenced above. Our goal is to assist you in every manner possible, but it is the responsibility of each individual producer to determine his or her specific licensing renewal requirements. You can locate additional information related to the Arkansas CE Requirements through the Department of Insurance website at insurance.arkansas.gov