Missouri Insurance Agent Continuing Education and License Renewal Requirements
Missouri Major Lines Licensed Producers must take 16 Credit Hours of Approved Continuing Education every 2 years, prior to their Expiration Date. At least 3 of the 16 credit hours must be approved for Ethics Training.
Major Lines include:
- Life, Accident and Health
- Personal Lines
Producers licensed in multiple lines are only required to meet the same requirements as producers with single lines of licensing.
Missouri CE Requirements are “License Type Specific.” Producers must take courses in any subject matter related to their License Type as long as:
- They are approved by the Missouri Department of Insurance
- At least 3 of credit hours are approved for Ethics training
Continuing Education requirements must be completed every 2 years, on or before the last day of the licensee’s issuance date.
Producer licenses with the following lines of authority are not required to complete Continuing Education:
- Producers 70 years of age or older
- A producer who has suffered a serious physical injury or illness
- You are on active duty in the Armed Forces for an extended time
- Currently reside outside the U.S.
Missouri Insurance CE and Renewal Requirements Summary
|Bail Bond||8 hours|
Special Training Requirements
Property and Casualty Agents
Producers who sell Flood Insurance must complete a one-time, 3 Hour continuing education course related to NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) prior to selling.
Life and Health Agents
Long Term Care
A producer may not sell, solicit or negotiate Long-Term Care Policies unless the individual has completed an initial 8 Hour Long Term Care training course. Producers must also complete ongoing training consisting of a 4 Hour Long Term Care training course every compliance period following.
Additional Continuing Education Information
- Excess credits of any amount of your biennial CE requirement may be carried forward to the next filing period.
- Excess Ethics Training carries over as a General Credit and will not be applied to future Ethics Training Requirement.
Enroll Today with No Regrets!
If you change your mind, we’ll happily refund your full purchase price.
Your License is Eligible for Renewal during your “License Renewal Period”. The License Renewal Period for Missouri Licensed Producers begins 90 Days prior to their Expiration Date. There are 2 Options for Renewing your license:
- Online through NIPR, located here: MO Producer Renewal (NIPR)
- Online through Vertifore (Sircon): MO Producer Renewal (Sircon)
While we strive to provide you with the most up to date and accurate information about your Missouri Insurance License Renewal Requirements, there may be some specific licensing requirements, or changes in State Laws or Insurance Regulations which we may not be referenced above. Our goal is to assist you in every manner possible, but it is the responsibility of each individual producer to determine their specific licensing renewal requirements. You can locate additional information related to the Missouri CE Requirements through the Department of Insurance website at insurance.mo.gov