Oregon Insurance Agent Continuing Education and License Renewal Requirements
Oregon Major Lines Licensed Producers must take 24 Credit Hours of Approved Continuing Education every 2 years, prior to their Expiration Date.
At least 3 of the 24 credit hours must be approved for Ethics Training, and 3 of the 24 credit hours must be in Oregon statutes and administrative rules and changes.
Major Lines include:
- Variable Lines
- Personal Lines
Producers licensed in multiple lines are only required to meet the same requirements as producers with single lines of licensing.
Oregon CE Requirements are “License Type Specific.” Producers must take courses in a subject manner related to their license type as long as:
- They are approved by the Oregon Department of Insurance
- At least 3 credit hours are approved for Ethics training
- At least 3 credit hours must be on Oregon statutes and administrative rules, including recent changes.
Continuing Education requirements must be completed every 2 years, on or before the last day of the licensee’s birth month.
- No CE requirements for producers with an Adjusters License Only.
- No CE requirements for producers with a Consultants License Only.
Special Training Requirements
Property and Casualty Agents
Producers who sell Flood Insurance must complete a one-time, 3 Hour Continuing Education course related to NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program).
Life and Health Agents
A producer who sells, solicits or negotiates an Annuity Product must complete a one-time, 4 Hour Annuity Suitability course prior to selling.
Long Term Care
A producer may not sell, solicit or negotiate a Long-Term Care Insurance unless the individual has completed an initial 8 Hour Long Term Care training course. Producers must also complete ongoing training consisting of a 4 Hour Long Term Care training course every compliance period following.
Additional Continuing Education Information
- Excess credits of up to fifty percent (50%) of your biennial CE requirement may be carried forward to the next filing period.
- Excess Ethics Training carries over as a General Credit and will not be applied to future Ethics Training Requirement.
Enroll Today with No Regrets!
If you change your mind, we’ll happily refund your full purchase price.
Your License is Eligible for Renewal during your “License Renewal Period”. The License Renewal Period for Oregon Licensed Producers begins 60 Days prior to their Expiration Date. There are 2 Options for Renewing your license:
- Online through NIPR, located here: OR Producer Renewal (NIPR)
- Online through Vertifore (Sircon): OR Producer Renewal (Sircon)
While we strive to provide you with the most up to date and accurate information about your Oregon Insurance License Renewal Requirements, there may be some specific licensing requirements, or changes in State Laws or Insurance Regulations which we may not be referenced above. Our goal is to assist you in every manner possible, but it is the responsibility of each individual producer to determine their specific licensing renewal requirements. You can locate additional information related to the Oregon CE Requirements through the Department of Insurance website at oregon.gov