Utah Insurance Agent Continuing Education and License Renewal Requirements
Utah Major Lines Licensed Agents must take 24 Credit Hours of Approved Continuing Education every 2 years, prior to their Expiration Date.
At least 3 of the 24 credit hours must be approved for Ethics Training and 12 hours must be classroom unless categorized as Classroom Equivalent. All BetterCE courses are Classroom Equivalent courses, and you may complete all 24 credit hours online with BetterCE.
Major Lines Include:
- Life, Accident and Health
- Variable Contracts
- Personal Lines
Producers licensed in multiple lines are only required to meet the same requirements as producers with single lines of licensing.
Utah CE Requirements are “Non-License Type Specific.” Producers can take courses in any subject matter as long as:
- They are approved by the Utah Department of Insurance
- At least 3 of credit hours are approved for Ethics credit
Continuing Education Requirements must be completed every 2 years, on or before the last day of the licensee’s birth month.
- Any producer who was first licensed before December 31, 1982 is exempt from CE Requirements.
- Any licensee whose license lapses due to military service, voluntary service for a period of time designated by the person for whom the licensee provides voluntary service, or some other extenuating circumstance, such as long term medical disability, may be exempt from the Continuing Education requirements in order to reinstate the license.
- Producers holding and maintaining the following designations are deemed to have met the CE requirements: CLU, ChFC and RHU with completion of the PACE program; CPCU with completion of the CPD program; and CFP, REBC, CIC, ACSR, CRM, SOFE, or IRES with completion of their Continuing Education Requirements.
- Limited Lines Producers do not have CE Requirements.
Utah Insurance CE and Renewal Requirements Summary
|12 hours (No more than 6 hours may be from courses provided by insurers, 3 hours must be in Ethics, the remaining 9 hours can be in any line of insurance)
|24 hours (3 hours must be in Ethics)
Special Training Requirements
Property and Casualty Agents
Producers who sell Flood Insurance must complete a one-time, 5 Hour Continuing Education course related to NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) prior to selling.
Life and Health Agents
Long Term Care
A producer may not sell, solicit or negotiate a Long-Term Care Partnership policy unless the individual has completed an initial 3 Hour Long Term Care training course. Agents must also complete ongoing training consisting of a 3 Hour Long Term Care training course every compliance period following.
Enroll Today with No Regrets!
If you change your mind, we’ll happily refund your full purchase price.
Your License is Eligible for Renewal during your “License Renewal Period”. The License Renewal Period for Utah Licensed Producers begins 90 Days prior to their Expiration Date. There are 2 Options for Renewing your license:
- Online through NIPR, located here: UT Agent Renewal (NIPR)
- Online though Vertifore (Sircon): UT Agent Renewal (Sircon)
The Utah Insurance Department has mandated electronic renewal applications. Paper renewals are no longer accepted.
While we strive to provide you with the most up to date and accurate information about your Utah Insurance License Renewal Requirements, there may be some specific licensing requirements, or changes in State Laws or Insurance Regulations which we may not be referenced above. Our goal is to assist you in every manner possible, but it is the responsibility of each individual agent to determine their specific licensing renewal requirements. You can locate additional information related to the Utah CE Requirements through the Department of Insurance website at insurance.utah.gov