Massachusetts Course Approval number: C19827
This course represents 5 Credit Hours of State Certified Continuing Education.
We are proud to bring you this course which was written and developed by the experts at National Underwriter – the industry’s most reputable and trusted brand for providing agents, brokers and other key insurance professionals the information they need to be successful.
Even if you are an agent who specializes primarily in personally lines coverages, Commercial Lines policies are too important to ignore. On whole Commercial Lines Coverages represents nearly 47% of all Property and Casualty premiums sold. Of the various types of Commercial Line Coverages, Commercial General Liability represents the “First Line” of coverage for businesses. It offers the most basic, yet broadest coverage to cover the most common exposures faced by every business.
This course is designed to provide agents of all levels with an overview of Commercial General Liability policy types, provisions, and their application and uses.
After completing this lesson, you will be able to:
• Explain how liability may be assessed against a business or commercial enterprise
• Discuss how the CGL form protects against various liabilities
• Compare the coverage triggers of the two ISO commercial general liability forms, occurrence and claims-made
• Name the particular sections of the CGL form
• Define relevant policy terms