Kansas Course Approval Number: 6000123410
This course represents 8 Credit Hours of State Certified Continuing Education.
Disability Concepts and Coverages
When clients suffer a disability, not only are they unable to work they are also unable to collect a paycheck and pay their bills. This course helps students understand the financial consequences of disability and how to help their clients secure insurance protection to help avoid financial devastation when disability strikes.
Topics discussed include:
- The risks of disability
- Definitions of key terms
- Policy provisions and available riders
- Other sources of disability income, including SSDI
- Business needs for disability coverage
- How group disability insurance works
- Underwriting and determining the monthly benefit