Ethics for Financial Services Professionals – Ohio Course Approval Number: 58659
This course is approved in the state of Ohio until December 31, 2022.
This course represents 5 Credit Hours of State Certified Continuing Education.
Ethics for Financial Services Professionals
Ethics for the Financial Services Professionals examines the nature and scope of ethics, as the foundation of integrity and honesty, and its relationship to compliance in the life insurance practice.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the nature of ethics and identify those parties to whom the practitioner owes an ethical duty;
- Identify and change any misleading sales practices;
- Identify and change any sales tools that may mislead customers;
- Replace the use of misleading terms with those offering clarity and customer understanding;
- Understand the need for increased professionalism and its consequences;
- Discuss the sources of duty practitioners owe insurers;
- Understand the common ethical issues that arise between financial services practitioners and customers; and
- Differentiate his or her practice on the basis of its high ethical level.