Georgia course approval number: 56189
This course represents 2 Credit Hours of State Certified Continuing Education.
We are proud to bring you this course which was written and developed by the experts at National Underwriter – the industry’s most reputable and trusted brand for providing agents, brokers and other key insurance professionals the information they need to be successful.
Social Security plays an enormously important role in the lives of almost all Americans. For any agent or broker, the coverages afforded under Social Security are too significant not to be considered in evaluating disability and retirement strategies for individuals and families. But Social Security can also be a complex topic to understand. The purpose of this course is to give agents an introductory overview of the major programs offered under Social Security.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the major programs covered under the Social Security Act of 1935, as amended.
• Identify and briefly explain the primary components of the Social Security OASDI program.
• Explain how the Social Security OASDI program is funded.
• Identify the types of insured status applicable under the Social Security OASDI program.
• Identify Social Security OASDI program beneficiaries.
• Identify and briefly explain the common components, planning strategies, and limitations that may affect the Social Security OASDI program.