New YorkCourse Approval Number: 268336
This course represents 3 Credit Hours of Ethics Training State Certified Continuing Education.
Exploring Insurance Ethics
This course is designed to provide insurance professionals with the ability to use ethical reasoning and guidelines in their daily professional pursuits, and to provide an awareness of the legal and ethical principles that apply in the insurance industry. This course discusses why it is important for the insurance professional to adhere to ethical thinking and behaviors, and how ethical theories are relevant to the way they conduct the business of insurance.
Knowledge Areas: The insurance professional will have knowledge of:
- Why establishing solid personal ethical guidelines is important in an insurance professional’s business and personal lives
- The legal and ethical principles that have been adopted by the insurance industry and its licensees
- The relevancy of ethics in insurance with emphasis on sales, advertising, marketing, prohibited practices, claims, underwriting, unauthorized insurance, specialty and surplus lines insurance, privacy, and confidentiality
Skills & Abilities: The insurance professional will be skilled at:
- Establishing and abiding by a personal ethical code
- Identifying and avoiding conflicts of interest in their professional lives
- Using ethical thinking and behavior to respond to any ethical dilemmas and quandaries they encounter when carrying out their duties and responsibilities as insurance licensees
About the Instructor
Linda McHenry is a writer, speaker, and trainer who specializes in developing, writing, and teaching insurance continuing education courses. Her extensive background as an insurance agency owner and licensed producer allows her to bring real-life experience into the classroom–whether the setting is live or virtual. Linda doesn’t lecture, she tells stories … and enjoys a reputation for actively engaging her students.